Stock tank help

piranhaman00

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
5,096
Reaction score
4,887
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I set up a stock tank for temp fish, however to my dismay the stock tank is leaking at the gasket, not the screw off plug. Is there anyway to fix this? I can’t remove the bulkhead set up without doing some damage it looks like.

Is there a better bulkhead to use?
Could I try using silicone around the gasket to seal it?
1428C18D-4E2B-4137-B05E-E88CE97C0614.jpeg
61D9A0B5-00A3-4A7E-A5E1-F8F0EF2118DB.jpeg
E85B1E97-DF26-4927-A836-1C450AC2713B.jpeg
 
Yeah, I’d drain some water and silicone the sucker.

Thanks I think I’m going to remove it and install a bulkhead,

How would I silicone it in? Just run silicone around the edges?
 
In case anyone else comes along….

the 100 gallon stock tank has a 2” hole, I used a 1” schedule 80 bulkhead with success. Case closed
 
The 50 gallon stock tank comes without a hole at all. Not sure if the 100,150, or 300 have that option or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new