stocking 240g

nhendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef. I'm starting to plan my stocking for my 240g build here is a list of fish i was looking to get is there any problem with compatibility.
The tank is 96Lx24Wx25H
At some point in the far far away time there will be Noob corals in here as well no plan for any SPS.
If the fish are not compatable please tell me witch ones and why. I dont want to put the health of ANY fish in jeopardy for my viewing pleasure.
Ocellaris clowns, Clown Goby, Hector Goby, Neon Goby, High fin Goby, Wheelers shrimp Goby, Cave Goby, Yellow watchman Goby, Green reef Chromis, Cross's damsel, Tallbot damsel, Yellow belly damsel, Two spot blenny, Tailspot blenny, Midas blenny, Kamohara blenny, Orcid dottyback, Purple fire fish, Blue dot jawfish, yellowhead jaw fish, Pygme Hawk, Flame hawk, Yellow banded possum Wrasse, Royal Gramma basslet

also if you have any to add plz post the names so i can look them up .

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting my list together for my build so not an expert but have read that damsels are aggressive. The folks here will chime in. I also reference Live Aquaria. They do a really good job on explaining the tank parameters, ease of care, etc. They also have a cross reference list for compatibility.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally wouldn't do the damsels and wouldn't do a clown goby. I love clown gobies but the one I tried nipped at my Acros and was a pain to catch. Id consider some bigger swimmers like tangs in a 240.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What type of tangs and why
Well its just personal preference. Tangs are active swimmers and larger than the other fish on your list. They are also algae grazers (Some better than others). Small reef fish like gobies are great as are flame hawks, blenny's, Royal Grammas etc. In fact I have many of the same fish on your list in my tank... I just think to have a good mix you should add a couple tangs in a 240 gal display. Just my opinion though. There are many ways to stock a tank. My tank is just a little over 3 months old. Have 4 wrasses, 6 royal grammas, 4 clowns, a yellow watchman, 2 flame hawks, 2 lyretail Anthias, and a blue hippo tang. The tang is an attention getter and Ill be adding another tang in the future. Id have an angel or two if they weren't a risk with coral.

Ive seen some nice tanks with primarily smaller fish and no tangs. so its not a must just something to consider.

IMG_3836.jpeg

Back