Stocking a 110 Gallon Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hugh Mann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
1,862
Location
Merritt, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally planned to purchase a 210 gallon aquarium, but circumstances have forced me to buy a used 110 instead (but a 210 WILL be in my future at some point)

I had figured my stock list based off a 210, but am wondering what y'all think about housing those fish in a smaller tank, at least for 6-8 months.

Pair of Flame Hawkfish (Have 1 already)
Marine Betta (already have)
Greyfaced moray eel (already have)
Juvenile Hippo Tang 2-4 inches
Pair of Coral Beauty Angels
Pair of Blue Throat Triggers OR 1 Niger trigger
A harem of 4 Lyretail Anthias
A bubbletip anenome
Assorted CuC, at risk of having them being eaten, including 1 small tuxedo urchin
Green star polyp grown on the back glass

I'm on the fence about a harlequin tusk because it eats CuC for snacks.
 
Kinda small for some fish with big appetites and lots of poo. ;)
 
I figured that would be a problem. Salt is relatively cheap though, I have lots of biological aand mechanical filtration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new