Stocking a 150g

BlazeHand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family and I are looking into a 150g (6ft long) we found used for a really good price and I was wondering if anyone has any stocking suggestions. We were originally looking at 55g so that's a big jump in size.

My dad wants a blue hippo tang and some clownfish ( he likes Nemo lol)
And I was thinking about some kind of hawkfish, and hopefully a watchman goby and pistol shrimp combo. I'm also looking for peaceful-semi-aggressive fish that are relatively hardy.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family and I are looking into a 150g (6ft long) we found used for a really good price and I was wondering if anyone has any stocking suggestions. We were originally looking at 55g so that's a big jump in size.

My dad wants a blue tang and some clownfish ( he likes Nemo lol)
And I was thinking about some kind of hawkfish, and hopefully a watchman goby and pistol shrimp combo. I'm also looking for peaceful-semi-aggressive fish that are relatively hardy.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Hawkfish might make a meal out of the pistol shrimp after it molts or depending on how small it is.

My favorite fish is the foxface rabbitfish. Personable fish that will follow you around the tank and spit water at you to feed them. Quite a few options for you at that size tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlazeHand

BlazeHand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkfish might make a meal out of the pistol shrimp after it moles or depending on how small it is.

My favorite fish is the foxface rabbitfish. Personable fish that will follow you around the tank and spit water at you to feed them. Quite a few options for you at that size tank
Okay, I also really like the Foxface rabbitfish they look super cool. Will definitely look into them.

OP
OP
BlazeHand

BlazeHand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a list of the fish I would like to have and was wondering if anyone knew the compatibility of these fish. Does anyone have any recommendations for CuC?
  • Chalk Basslet x1
  • Green Mandarin x1 (will wait until pods are established and the tank is mature enough)
  • Pincushion Urchin x1
  • Purple Firefish x1
  • Falco or Flame Hawkfish ?? (Still not sure if it's a good idea with the pistol shrimp)
  • Foxface rabbitfish x1
  • Blue/Green Chromis x5
  • PJ Cardinal x2
  • Banggai Cardinal x1
  • Yellow Watchman Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp
  • Ocellaris Clownfish x2 (1m 1f)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 109 73.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back