Stocking a large tank. Whos the goto for fish?

Brokecoloadoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have kinda settled in for most of my suppliers. BRS has done a wonderful job outfitting me with hardware, WWC is where I’m going to stock most of my corals from , but where do I buy fish ? This tank was started from scratch. All dry and it’s pest free. I like adding fish in two to three groups of 10 each. Who’s the most ethical cleanest supplier of quality fish ?

thanks !

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like divers den on live aquaria. There are a handful of sites that quarentine their fish. You can also look specifically for captive bred fish such as those by biota and such.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you define what you mean by “most ethical”? I can understand cleanest, since that implies they quarantine the fish (AmongTheReef, MarineCollectors, and I think @Dr. Reef has a site too).

OP
OP
Brokecoloadoreefer

Brokecoloadoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you define what you mean by “most ethical”? I can understand cleanest, since that implies they quarantine the fish (AmongTheReef, MarineCollectors, and I think @Dr. Reef has a site too).
Maybe a bad choice of words. Captive bread if possible. Healthy bright and vibrant with as minimal stress that the animal could be in given the circumstances.

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can purchase captive bred directly from the already mentioned Biota. And if you purchase through live aquaria ORA captive bred fish are shipped directly from their hatchery

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back