Stocking fish for a 180 gallon waterbox

Lelegance

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
343
Reaction score
228
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a great deal on a used 180 gallon waterbox, with everything needed. I was looking at a 125, but this is cheaper and has all the equipment including 3 radeon g5’s. Of course, I jumped on the deal and the tank is arriving on the 7th. I don’t know the exact model but it’s a 5 ft tank, the owner thinks its 150 gallons, and they bought it 3 years ago. I doubt that its 150 unless the sump is custom, but I’ll take their word in part. To be safe, let’s say its a 5x2x2ft tank with a 30-50 gallons sump. What fish can I stock in there? Here is the fish that I really like the idea of having, but I am more coral focused so some advice would be great.

Add Clownfish pair from old tank
Add royal gramma from old tank

1x Yellow Tang
1x Blue Hippo Tang
1x Purple Tang / Sailfin Tang
1x Foxface
1x Fairy Wrasse
?x Anthias

a very interesting fish that I have been considering, Blue Chin Trigger (will absolutely adjust other stocking to get)

And any recommendations you have!
Generally looking for ones that wont bother LPS too much since its an LPS dominated tank, and if they are useful like eating flatworms or whatever else, thats a bonus. I’d also appreciate easier fish since I don't want to deal with fissues (fish issues).

And PLEASE re adjust my list, or tell me I cant get something, I want to do this right the first time. Also, some help with when to add stuff and what to add first or together would be great.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new