Stocking for a 20 gallon long

  • Thread starter Thread starter aus1230
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aus1230

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
315
Reaction score
92
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to stock my 20 gallon long with:
1 clown fish (already have in there)
Clean up crew is already in the tank as well

Royal gamma
A blenny
Blood red fire shrimp
And I would really like a long hawknose fish
Is this too much?
 
If the long hawknose fish is too much I might end up just putting a firefish goby
 
Long nose hawkfish reach 5 inches pretty easily, which is a bit big for a 20 in my opinion.

You could try a smaller hawkfish like a falco hawk who reaches 3 inches.

The firefish is a good choice as well of course. One of the smaller blennys+a clown+firefish+gramma is fine for a 20 in my opinion.
 
Long nose hawkfish reach 5 inches pretty easily, which is a bit big for a 20 in my opinion.

You could try a smaller hawkfish like a falco hawk who reaches 3 inches.

The firefish is a good choice as well of course. One of the smaller blennys+a clown+firefish+gramma is fine for a 20 in my opinion.
Thanks for that! I guess I’ll have to wait till next year when I plan to upgrade to a 75!
 
Looking to stock my 20 gallon long with:
1 clown fish (already have in there)
Clean up crew is already in the tank as well

Royal gamma
A blenny
Blood red fire shrimp
And I would really like a long hawknose fish
Is this too much?
If you want a Hawkfish I’d wait until you upgrade just because they can be quite boisterous. Plus I’d instead go for a pink streak wrasse or possum wrasse ;)
 
You could also look into getting a fire fish!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new