Stocking help for new 57 gallon

angsess

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
54
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have finally got my new tank up and cycling, so I am starting to work on a stocking list. It is a Fiji Cube 57-gallon ext with a 20-gallon sump. Tank dimensions are 3ftx2ft and 17 inches tall. Here is a list of fish I am considering. I know I probably cannot do all of these; they are just the ones that have caught my eye. I am looking for suggestions on combos that would work as well as advice on stocking order. I am open to other suggestions as well if there are things that would be a better fit.

Captive Bred Mandarin dragonet- I know I need to wait a while for this as it needs a mature tank. This is a goal fish
Shrimp goby and pistol shrimp
baggai cardinal
midas blenny
flame hawkfish
royal gramma
catalina gobvy
purple firefish
clown goby
orchid dottyback
 
Looks good to me but the gramma, purple firefish and dottyback are very similarly coloured which might cause issue's between them, might not.... I would also ensure to have good rockwork for your selection of fish, half of them are rock dwelling type fish. If the tank has just the one arch or minimal rock style there might be issue's, might not..
 
Looks good to me but the gramma, purple firefish and dottyback are very similarly coloured which might cause issue's between them, might not.... I would also ensure to have good rockwork for your selection of fish, half of them are rock dwelling type fish. If the tank has just the one arch or minimal rock style there might be issue's, might not..
Any suggestions for things that aren't rock dwellers?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new