Stocking help for new 57 gallon

angsess

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have finally got my new tank up and cycling, so I am starting to work on a stocking list. It is a Fiji Cube 57-gallon ext with a 20-gallon sump. Tank dimensions are 3ftx2ft and 17 inches tall. Here is a list of fish I am considering. I know I probably cannot do all of these; they are just the ones that have caught my eye. I am looking for suggestions on combos that would work as well as advice on stocking order. I am open to other suggestions as well if there are things that would be a better fit.

Captive Bred Mandarin dragonet- I know I need to wait a while for this as it needs a mature tank. This is a goal fish
Shrimp goby and pistol shrimp
baggai cardinal
midas blenny
flame hawkfish
royal gramma
catalina gobvy
purple firefish
clown goby
orchid dottyback
 
Looks good to me but the gramma, purple firefish and dottyback are very similarly coloured which might cause issue's between them, might not.... I would also ensure to have good rockwork for your selection of fish, half of them are rock dwelling type fish. If the tank has just the one arch or minimal rock style there might be issue's, might not..
 
Looks good to me but the gramma, purple firefish and dottyback are very similarly coloured which might cause issue's between them, might not.... I would also ensure to have good rockwork for your selection of fish, half of them are rock dwelling type fish. If the tank has just the one arch or minimal rock style there might be issue's, might not..
Any suggestions for things that aren't rock dwellers?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new