Stocking help needed.

kevtes13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have a 210 FOWLR with a Foxface, purple tang, snowflake eel, queen angel and small flame angel. I’m slow adding stock over time. It has taken a while but now ready to add a few more fish. I do have inverts to help with clean up and would like to keep them. What is the opinion of those here in what to add next? I’m pretty open to ideas. Not very picky....
So far I’ve considere: Puffer, Triggers, Tusk but all seem to be risky with inverts. Also multiple Tangs but with the Purple already present I’m not sure.
Thanks

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add another type of tang instaed of another Zebrasoma or perhaps 2 more Zebras at the same time.
I have 3 Zebrasoma that get along well however I added them all at the same time.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have a 210 FOWLR with a Foxface, purple tang, snowflake eel, queen angel and small flame angel. I’m slow adding stock over time. It has taken a while but now ready to add a few more fish. I do have inverts to help with clean up and would like to keep them. What is the opinion of those here in what to add next? I’m pretty open to ideas. Not very picky....
So far I’ve considere: Puffer, Triggers, Tusk but all seem to be risky with inverts. Also multiple Tangs but with the Purple already present I’m not sure.
Thanks

In nature, everything eats everything given the chance... wise to use care. Other options (which might also give you some invert problems):
Rabbitfish
Lionfish

Depending height of your 210, maybe even Batfish

Agree tangs are Death Dealers, so multiple tangs always risky and purples have a bad reputation esp as they get more mature, ... so with all that said, tang of different snout shape MAY help - maybe a blue hippo tang with purple but wouldn't recommend yellow or sailfin (says girl with both...) because of nose similar shapes

OP
OP
K

kevtes13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In nature, everything eats everything given the chance... wise to use care. Other options (which might also give you some invert problems):
Rabbitfish
Lionfish

Depending height of your 210, maybe even Batfish

Agree tangs are Death Dealers, so multiple tangs always risky and purples have a bad reputation esp as they get more mature, ... so with all that said, tang of different snout shape MAY help - maybe a blue hippo tang with purple but wouldn't recommend yellow or sailfin (says girl with both...) because of nose similar shapes
I had originally considered a lion fish but didn’t want to worry with whether it might eat my small Flame angel. I was concerned about another Rabbitfish since my Foxface is of that type already. I do like the blue hippo and its a strong contender perhaps with another tang..... I am thinking it’s a toss up either way. Give it a try and see what happens.

Back