Stocking Ideas for 125g reef aquarium

RuralReefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
62
Reaction score
129
Location
Red Bluff
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting. I am wanting to get some input on my final stocking for my 125g reef tank. The tank is 72in long, 18in wide. I created what I believe to be a fairly decent HNSA ( Habitat Negative Space Aquascape) which provides a lot of habitat space for fish. This is a reef tank with coral so any inhabitants need to be reef safe. I am open to ideas for both fish and other neat inhabitants.
My current stocking levels:
2 Frostbite clownfish
2 Sapphire damsels (considering more)
2-4 Fire fish (haven't seen all four at once in a few weeks
1 Starry Blenny ~6in
1 Six line wrasse ( will bully other wrasses, I think he killed a leopard wrasse)
1 Foxface Rabbit fish ~4.5in
1 Purple tang ~3in

Clean up crew:
sand tiger conch
Cleaner shrimp
Snails
Hermit crabs
Serpent star (would potentially like another type of star)
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPa27LfQZFEmhJYe0HBzod4B77R3HFhpRcNKmkV
Thank you for any and all suggestions!

PXL_20240515_055809053.NIGHT.jpg
 
You should consider a welcome thread and a build thread. Your tank looks great. Can’t wait to see what you build
 
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting. I am wanting to get some input on my final stocking for my 125g reef tank. The tank is 72in long, 18in wide. I created what I believe to be a fairly decent HNSA ( Habitat Negative Space Aquascape) which provides a lot of habitat space for fish. This is a reef tank with coral so any inhabitants need to be reef safe. I am open to ideas for both fish and other neat inhabitants.
My current stocking levels:
2 Frostbite clownfish
2 Sapphire damsels (considering more)
2-4 Fire fish (haven't seen all four at once in a few weeks
1 Starry Blenny ~6in
1 Six line wrasse ( will bully other wrasses, I think he killed a leopard wrasse)
1 Foxface Rabbit fish ~4.5in
1 Purple tang ~3in

Clean up crew:
sand tiger conch
Cleaner shrimp
Snails
Hermit crabs
Serpent star (would potentially like another type of star)
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPa27LfQZFEmhJYe0HBzod4B77R3HFhpRcNKmkV
Thank you for any and all suggestions!

PXL_20240515_055809053.NIGHT.jpg
Bring this old post back, but what brand is your tank I am looking to upgrade my 90 gallon and I need to keep the width at 18. Thanks
 
A harem of lyretail Anthais say 3-5.
Two females top, male bottom.
IMG_1483.jpeg IMG_1387.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new