Stocking ideas for a 29 gallon biocube???

eveningstar15

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
128
Reaction score
3
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coralife 29 gallon biocube. Coralife protein skimmer, heater, 20lbs base rock, 10lbs live rock, 2" live sb, intank media basket with filter floss, purigen, chemi pure elite. Right now I have 5 astrea snails, 5 dwarf ceriths, 5 dwarf blue legged crabs, and a porcelain crab. As for fish I have a yellow rose goby/candy stripe pistol shrimp and a yellow clown goby. I am wanting to get another small fish (max size 2in). I want something that is active and not going to hide all the time. Anyone have any suggestions?? In the future I would like to add 2 false clowns. Are clowns more aggressive if there is two of them. Would that be too many fish? Would it be better to just get one false clown??
 
I have a biocube 29 and have 1 yellow watchman goby, 2 occ. clowns and 2 bangii cardinals, my perameters are very easy to keep up on and everyone seems very happy. I think you would be ok
 
I have a coralife 29 gallon biocube. Coralife protein skimmer, heater, 20lbs base rock, 10lbs live rock, 2" live sb, intank media basket with filter floss, purigen, chemi pure elite. Right now I have 5 astrea snails, 5 dwarf ceriths, 5 dwarf blue legged crabs, and a porcelain crab. As for fish I have a yellow rose goby/candy stripe pistol shrimp and a yellow clown goby. I am wanting to get another small fish (max size 2in). I want something that is active and not going to hide all the time. Anyone have any suggestions?? In the future I would like to add 2 false clowns. Are clowns more aggressive if there is two of them. Would that be too many fish? Would it be better to just get one false clown??

Two clowns should get along fine. It's suggested that you buy them at the same time to prevent problems. That being said, I did that and then lost one and was able to add another one that was smaller without a problem. I don't know how clowns are with other fish because I have a nano and have always only had two fish.
 
I actually have 3 clowns in my tank. Like glb said intro them together. I had 2 Occ clowns then added 2 Black Occ Clowns. LFS said it would be ok, LIES!!! Had to seperate them for a week or 2 the Reg Occ clowns were tearing the black ones apart. I tried telling them Apartheid has been abolished but they weren't listening. LOL! I took out the Reg Occ clown then when I re introduced the Occ clowns the black ones were the ones were the bullies Those dirty rats offed the weakest link and killed the smallest one. That being said I have 3 clowns 2 yellow tail Damsels and a Royal Grama in my 29 bio.
 
Possum wrasse, very active and fun to watch, not at all aggressive. Flameback dwarf angel, colorful but can become very aggressive, I would add it last.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new