Stocking ideas

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am going to set up a 10 gallon IM Nuvo cube with a refugium, wanted to keep softies and lps only in here, but having a hard time deciding on fish options. So far my thoughts are a six line wrasse, or some sort of wrasse, and a small goby/blenny. does this sound good? Any cool ideas? Thanks

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallon is too small for any wrasse (even when say can be in small tanks, they are extremely active fish and I would feel bad having them in that small of tank).

Not only are you looking for small fish but less active fish. I would limit selections to firefish, royal grammas, smaller gobies (yasha with small shrimp would be interesting), tailspot blenny.

I'd go with no more than two of above. Perhaps three down the road if you keep the size to 2" per fish and your filtration is good.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallon is too small for any wrasse (even when say can be in small tanks, they are extremely active fish and I would feel bad having them in that small of tank).

Not only are you looking for small fish but less active fish. I would limit selections to firefish, royal grammas, smaller gobies (yasha with small shrimp would be interesting), tailspot blenny.

I'd go with no more than two of above. Perhaps three down the road if you keep the size to 2" per fish and your filtration is good.
What do you think of a fire fish and a yasha goby/ randalls pistol, or instead of the fire fish a ocelarris clown? Also do you think I add a clown goby to either of those stocking options.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back