Stocking list 125G

  • Thread starter Thread starter dym
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dym

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
107
Reaction score
38
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've made a big list of some of the fish/inverts that I wanna build up to. This will be my first saltwater aquarium. I didn't really research them, just looked around the fish store. Can someone let me know if these are compatible? Like if something would eat one another

fish:
clownfish
foxface rabbitfish
scopas/yellow tang
kole tang
squareback anthias
lawnmower blenny
yellow watchman goby
fairy wrasse
chalk bass
mandarin goby (couple months later)
hawkfish
gramma fish
mystery wrasse
filefish
marine betta/comet

inverts:
trochus snails
cleaner shrimps
fighting conch
pompom crabs
tuxedo urchins
turbo snails
 
I think you have a pretty good lineup there, I would stay away from the betta though. Otherwise my only real comment is to give things at least 6-8 months to establish before you toss in the mandarin, ideally a year, unless you're cultivating pods or going the captive-bred route. A refugium of rubble in your sump would be a good idea if you can.
 
I think you have a pretty good lineup there, I would stay away from the betta though. Otherwise my only real comment is to give things at least 6-8 months to establish before you toss in the mandarin, ideally a year, unless you're cultivating pods or going the captive-bred route. A refugium of rubble in your sump would be a good idea if you can.
Why avoid a betta? I think theyre fascinating and gorgeous.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new