Stocking list for 210 and Yellow Tang addition.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily
Hello,
Current fish in my 54 corner tank.
Royal gramma, Melanurus Wrasse, Azure Damsel, Gladiator Clownfish, Yellow Tang “approximately 2 1/2 inches.

Upgrading to a 210. 72x24x28. Tanks on order.
The fish I’d like to add to the mix is
6 more Azure Damsels “pretty mild mannered and a splash of color.
One more Royal Gramma.
Hippo Tang.
Fox face.
Emperor Angel “center piece and probably my favorite fish of all times”
And possibly one more Yellow Tang?
Any issues with this list?
I have kept all the fish on this list at one point or the other in the last 20+ years, excluding the fox face that is. I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading about rabbit fish to educate myself a bit.

Ok now! All new fish will be quarantined per Hotrocks method. I’ve had good success using it.
I usually introduce fish in the order from least to most aggressive, but am wondering if I should skip adding another Yellow. I’m thinking the best bet would be to introduce both yellows to the new tank at the same time? Or just skip trying to add another?
I was thinking transfer all current live stock to new tank after cycle with the exception of the current yellow tang, damsel, and Gramma.

Then, this is the proposed plan.
•Quarantine fox face and hippo together.
•Transfer them to new tank with the Wrasse and Clownfish.
•Quarantine damsels and Royal Gramma together.
•Transfer them to new tank after quarantine at the same time as the current damsel and Gramma.
•Quarantine emperor and new yellow together.
Add them to new tank at same time with current yellow.
Does this sound doable? Order of introduction and the possible addition of another yellow. Or do you think, skip the yellow all together, and go for a purple? Or just skip trying to do more than one of the same genus. I realize people have success sometimes when adding multiples at the same time, but thought I’d get an opinion. In the past, I’ve always just stuck with one per tank. It will be a while before everything is set up. It’ll likely be months. This corona thing stopped production on the the tank. And on top of that, custom tanks always seem to take longer anyways!! Lmk what you think about this plan. Good, bad, possible?
Any other opinions are welcome also!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily
Hello,
Current fish in my 54 corner tank.
Royal gramma, Melanurus Wrasse, Azure Damsel, Gladiator Clownfish, Yellow Tang “approximately 2 1/2 inches.

Upgrading to a 210. 72x24x28. Tanks on order.
The fish I’d like to add to the mix is
6 more Azure Damsels “pretty mild mannered and a splash of color.
One more Royal Gramma.
Hippo Tang.
Fox face.
Emperor Angel “center piece and probably my favorite fish of all times”
And possibly one more Yellow Tang?
Any issues with this list?
I have kept all the fish on this list at one point or the other in the last 20+ years, excluding the fox face that is. I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading about rabbit fish to educate myself a bit.

Ok now! All new fish will be quarantined per Hotrocks method. I’ve had good success using it.
I usually introduce fish in the order from least to most aggressive, but am wondering if I should skip adding another Yellow. I’m thinking the best bet would be to introduce both yellows to the new tank at the same time? Or just skip trying to add another?
I was thinking transfer all current live stock to new tank after cycle with the exception of the current yellow tang, damsel, and Gramma.

Then, this is the proposed plan.
•Quarantine fox face and hippo together.
•Transfer them to new tank with the Wrasse and Clownfish.
•Quarantine damsels and Royal Gramma together.
•Transfer them to new tank after quarantine at the same time as the current damsel and Gramma.
•Quarantine emperor and new yellow together.
Add them to new tank at same time with current yellow.
Does this sound doable? Order of introduction and the possible addition of another yellow. Or do you think, skip the yellow all together, and go for a purple? Or just skip trying to do more than one of the same genus. I realize people have success sometimes when adding multiples at the same time, but thought I’d get an opinion. In the past, I’ve always just stuck with one per tank. It will be a while before everything is set up. It’ll likely be months. This corona thing stopped production on the the tank. And on top of that, custom tanks always seem to take longer anyways!! Lmk what you think about this plan. Good, bad, possible?
Any other opinions are welcome also!
Hello,

I wouldn’t add another yellow. With a resident yellow and two species of the same genus and same species is not ideal. Hippo get very very large but you probably know that. Two royal gramma has mixed results but I’d advise against it.

If you do a purple, I recommend adding a third zebrasoma such as scopas. This can diffuse aggression of similar species. :)

OP
OP
JCTReefer

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I wouldn’t add another yellow. With a resident yellow and two species of the same genus and same species is not ideal. Hippo get very very large but you probably know that. Two royal gramma has mixed results but I’d advise against it.

If you do a purple, I recommend adding a third zebrasoma such as scopas. This can diffuse aggression of similar species. :)
Thank you much for your advice. Okay decided, I’ll skip adding another yellow, and skip the purple. Probably skip the Gramma also. Hippos do get very large, and they love to swim. I’m not sure how comfortable long term the Hippo or Emperor would be in a six foot tank. The last time I did that was in an 8 foot tank. I certainly don’t want to overstock. And at the same time provide the best environment. The planned aquascape will be fairly minimal and open with lots of negative space. Not sure I could give either one of those up. Haha! I’ll just have to make a judgement call. I certainly appreciate your input:) I did read your article on Tang agression a while back. Had to look it up again. I couldn’t remember the name of it! Was a good write up. That being said, I thought I’d get your opinion anyways;)

Back