Stocking List Help For 60X24X25 Tank

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need a little help with my stocking list. Is this 2 many fish for my 60X24X25 tank.

Yellow Tang
Convict Tang
Kole/Tomi Tang (1 or other)
Fox Face
Storm Clownfish Pair (In current tank)
Shallowtail Angel Fish Pair
Mystery Wrasse
Bella Goby/Blue Spotted Jawfish (1 or other)
Flame Hawk
Talbot Damsel
Maybe Anthias School/Chromis?

Just trying to cover all areas of the tank with different colors. If you think other options would better suit this fish list, feel free to post them. Thank you.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a little help with my stocking list. Is this 2 many fish for my 60X24X25 tank.

Yellow Tang
Convict Tang
Kole/Tomi Tang (1 or other)
Fox Face
Storm Clownfish Pair (In current tank)
Shallowtail Angel Fish Pair
Mystery Wrasse
Bella Goby/Blue Spotted Jawfish (1 or other)
Flame Hawk
Talbot Damsel
Maybe Anthias School/Chromis?

Just trying to cover all areas of the tank with different colors. If you think other options would better suit this fish list, feel free to post them. Thank you.
Well, in my 160-gallon display I have 24 fish: 4 chromis, 3 clownfish, 4 wrasse, 2 dottybacks, 2 mandarins, 2 dwarf angels, 1 angel, 1 tang, 1 betta, 1 hawkfish, 1 blenny, 1 cardinal and 1 damsel.

OP
OP
GoTakeANap

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well in that case your stocking list seems fine. :) Just make sure you have A LOT of hiding spots and only add A couple of fish at a time.
Awesome. Scape is a NSA style so I may have to add a few more branches and caves for the fish.
Well, in my 160-gallon display I have 24 fish: 4 chromis, 3 clownfish, 4 wrasse, 2 dottybacks, 2 mandarins, 2 dwarf angels, 1 angel, 1 tang, 1 betta, 1 hawkfish, 1 blenny, 1 cardinal and 1 damsel.
Dang that awesome. Got a photo of your tank? Would love to see the fish in it.

Any recommendations on the order to add them?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that awesome. Got a photo of your tank? Would love to see the fish in it. Any recommendations on the order to add them?
BEBE458E-6FFE-4E0B-9ACA-ED42E1A5608D.jpeg

This is just one I snapped about a week ago (apologies for the poor quality). The livestock was combined from two separate tanks over a period of roughly 48 hours. As I had to rip everything completely apart to catch everything, it went in the order of easiest to catch (chromis) to hardest (dottybacks). The emperor angel, marine betta, red coris and melanarus wrasse were introduced as new additions in pairs over the past 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
150 Display-Yellow Tang, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Baby Blue Tang, Black Zoster Butterfly, 3 Lyretail Anthias, 5 Blue/Green Chromis, 4 Pajama Cardinals, 3 Zebra Barred Dartfish, Premium Snowflake Clown, Mocha Storm Clown & Canary Blenny. There are also 2 Bristle Stars & a Coral Banded Shrimp :) I think 22 fish unless i forgot someone

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 Display-Yellow Tang, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Baby Blue Tang, Black Zoster Butterfly, 3 Lyretail Anthias, 5 Blue/Green Chromis, 4 Pajama Cardinals, 3 Zebra Barred Dartfish, Premium Snowflake Clown, Mocha Storm Clown & Canary Blenny. There are also 2 Bristle Stars & a Coral Banded Shrimp :) I think 22 fish unless i forgot someone
I forgot my coral banded a**hole as well, although he’s actually a really awesome shrimp. The 3 clownfish are named Bonnie, Clyde and Dillinger. Bonnie and Clyde are apparently responsible for the death of about $2,000 in other clownfish (they were a consignment purchase) while Dillinger has only one “kill” to his name. Dillinger doesn’t bite me anymore after the move, so that’s been a plus!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back