Stocking list

  • Thread starter Thread starter asmckibbin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

asmckibbin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
9
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a new 20 gallon long AIO innovative marine I was gifted by a student (High school marine teacher here). I am getting it up and going soon, and ordering all my tools like an ATO system and protein skimmers. My question is, what is a good stocking list of fish for the tank. I would love some cool fish (aka unique fish), and some neat corals (I have 1 AI prime mounted above it so looking at some colorful micrommusa and maybe some birds-nest ). Will y'all give me any stocking options for fish and also how many small hermits or members of a clean up crew I need. I have 1 touch tank rn thats in my classroom and I can never get the amount of tiny hermits right it seems.
 
Have a new 20 gallon long AIO innovative marine I was gifted by a student (High school marine teacher here). I am getting it up and going soon, and ordering all my tools like an ATO system and protein skimmers. My question is, what is a good stocking list of fish for the tank. I would love some cool fish (aka unique fish), and some neat corals (I have 1 AI prime mounted above it so looking at some colorful micrommusa and maybe some birds-nest ). Will y'all give me any stocking options for fish and also how many small hermits or members of a clean up crew I need. I have 1 touch tank rn thats in my classroom and I can never get the amount of tiny hermits right it seems.
In that size you are pretty limited to clowns, gobies and blennies. Maybe do two clowns, a goby (like a firefish or bella goby those are pretty) and a small blenny for a perching fish
 
In that size you are pretty limited to clowns, gobies and blennies. Maybe do two clowns, a goby (like a firefish or bella goby those are pretty) and a small blenny for a perching fish
Even if the tank parameters are like absolutely perfect and the water is pristine? What about something like a mandarin? A lot of fish say 25-30. Is 5-10 gallons going to make that much of a difference if I have only the 1/2 inch per gallon rule going?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new