Stocking list?

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Trying to get my list together for a new RS reefer 350 ( DT 73 gallons. I think). Would this list work? And what order to add? Thanks

2 green Chromis (Finishing QT)
2 banggai cardinals
Tailspot blenny
2 occ clownfish
Fairy wrasse
Flasher wrasse

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list will be fine. There are a few species of fairy wrasse that might need a slightly larger tank, but almost all will be okay. Which are you considering?

After the chromis, I would add:
flasher wrasse
blenny
clowns
cardinals
Fairy wrasse

OP
OP
SteveEreef

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That list will be fine. There are a few species of fairy wrasse that might need a slightly larger tank, but almost all will be okay. Which are you considering?

After the chromis, I would add:
flasher wrasse
blenny
clowns
cardinals
Fairy wrasse
Not sure which fairy wrasse I’m still researching. I was looking at the pintail or splendid but they might be outside my price range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some good ones that won't break the bank would be:

Lubbock
Exquisite
Ruby head
Blue head
Rubeus (long fin)

You can probably do more than one.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Flashers you can do
Mccoskers
Carpteners
Linespot (Best looking Flasher BTW)
and many more

OP
OP
SteveEreef

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Flashers you can do
Mccoskers
Carpteners
Linespot (Best looking Flasher BTW)
and many more
Thanks. Both the McCoskers and Carpenter look good. I’ll into the Linespot. Have you had any of these three in your tank?

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Both the McCoskers and Carpenter look good. I’ll into the Linespot. Have you had any of these three in your tank?
Sadly no, I have just done a little research on them. But I’d love to have them in my tank when I do get it.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Trying to get my list together for a new RS reefer 350 ( DT 73 gallons. I think). Would this list work? And what order to add? Thanks

2 green Chromis (Finishing QT)
2 banggai cardinals
Tailspot blenny
2 occ clownfish
Fairy wrasse
Flasher wrasse

List would be fine, just be aware that you will likely end up with 1 chromis since they tend to pick each other off in captivity. Any ideas on the Fairy Wrasse you want?

The Lubbock's is my personal favorite of the fairy wrasses for low cost and stunning coloration. Pictures don't do it justice as there is so much going on with them:

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to go with more than one Fairy Wrasse there’s a great chart another member made to help with compatibility.

OP
OP
SteveEreef

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List would be fine, just be aware that you will likely end up with 1 chromis since they tend to pick each other off in captivity. Any ideas on the Fairy Wrasse you want?

The Lubbock's is my personal favorite of the fairy wrasses for low cost and stunning coloration. Pictures don't do it justice as there is so much going on with them:

I was hoping that the one Chromis wouldn’t kill the other. After a couple of days in QT it was apparent that one was dominant. I almost separated them as the weaker one was stressed. The aggression isn’t as bad as it was and the weaker one stays on the other side of the tank more often and his coloring looks normal. He doesn’t have any nip marks but the dominant one still shows him who is boss a bit.

The Lubbock does look nice. I was looking over the chart that Evolved created, that Checkerpants was kind enough to link here. I started on the Lunatus complex and then was moving to research the Lubbock complex next

OP
OP
SteveEreef

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide to go with more than one Fairy Wrasse there’s a great chart another member made to help with compatibility.

Thanks so much for the link, the chart is really helpful

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back