Stocking my 90 gal... Suggestions anyone???

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone...

As some of you know, i just upgraded from a 30 gal to this 90 gal bowfront...

20190518_080946.jpeg

First things first, i need some more salt (kind of misjudged how much i had) and more light and rock. But the reason for this post is I'm looking for stocking suggestions from you seasoned veterans....

If you were doing a 90 gal mixed reef, what would you put in it???

Aco5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trio of anthias is always cool, I have bartletts, not to aggressive beautiful to watch, bonded pair of clowns, maybe a goby and pistol shrimp, super cool symbiotic relationship, Royal gramma is a nice peaceful, active, colorful addition

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trio of anthias is always cool, I have bartletts, not to aggressive beautiful to watch, bonded pair of clowns, maybe a goby and pistol shrimp, super cool symbiotic relationship, Royal gramma is a nice peaceful, active, colorful addition

I have my clowns
20190519_064216.jpeg

Was definitely getting a pistol and some gobies. (Had a tiger pistol and yellow watchman before tank crashed due to some bs( details in build thread)) and a royal gramma (also victim of said crash)

I've been looking at some of the anthias and had been considering some. Are they schooling? Was thinking of a blue green chromis school, would like 2-3 different schooling fish.

I'm also looking to get a tang, one of the smaller bristletooth.

I'm also looking to stock a little heavy, once system is completely plumbed in, I'm looking too run at least 150-200 gal water between tank, macro garden and cutsom sump...

Last edited:
OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have a green wrasse. So only have 3 fish swimming around right now. I got 2 BTA 2 days ago. This is them after about 24 hrs in tank.

20190518_120131.jpeg

20190518_120112.jpeg

Aco5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking additions, yes they are school generally shoot for 2 to 3 females one male but they can change sex as dominance in the school shifts, also blue green chromis are nice I have 2, first fish I ever bought actually they are super active, beautiful shimmer to them as well, bristle tooth tangs, I'd recommend a yellow eye kole they're super cool

Aco5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you got some sweet corals on the wwc live sale yesterday, day two just started!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain it

Clean it

Fill it with ice

Add your favorite beer in a bottle

You'll be happier this way

Cheaper to put 90g of fresh ice in it a day than to add fish and coral
:confused::eek::p:D

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain it

Clean it

Fill it with ice

Add your favorite beer in a bottle

You'll be happier this way

Cheaper to put 90g of fresh ice in it a day than to add fish and coral
:confused::eek::p:D

Lol, not really a drinker...

Think I'll just stick to losing money in this hobby...

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you got some sweet corals on the wwc live sale yesterday, day two just started!
I'm going to hold off on coral for a bit, need more light and rock first. Well second, need more salt first...

I was actually thinking of going with the yellow eye. Was thinking my final addition would be the tang with a flame angle and possibly a coral beauty.

Back