Stocking New 60 Gallon Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter albie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

albie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2024
Messages
79
Reaction score
56
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are excited to have our Innovative Marine 60 gallon AIO tank cycling and starting to work on building a list of fish. We would really appreciate any thoughts on the following - whether you would add or take away anything, order to stock the tank etc.

5 threadfin cardinalfish
2 ocellaris clownfish
flame angelfish
Midas blenny
goby - any recommendations as to variety?
blue spot jawfish
 
We are excited to have our Innovative Marine 60 gallon AIO tank cycling and starting to work on building a list of fish. We would really appreciate any thoughts on the following - whether you would add or take away anything, order to stock the tank etc.

5 threadfin cardinalfish
2 ocellaris clownfish
flame angelfish
Midas blenny
goby - any recommendations as to variety?
blue spot jawfish
I recommend swapping the Blue Spot Jawfish for a Yellowhead. The reason for this is because Blue Spots are temperate species and so longevity in our warm water reefs is essentially impossible.
 
I recommend swapping the Blue Spot Jawfish for a Yellowhead. The reason for this is because Blue Spots are temperate species and so longevity in our warm water reefs is essentially impossible.
Thanks for the info!
 
From what’s I’ve heard threadfin cardinals don’t live for that long, but I may be wrong, so do some research on that before getting it
 
From what’s I’ve heard threadfin cardinals don’t live for that long, but I may be wrong, so do some research on that before getting it
OK, will do. I’m just struggling to find schooling fish that don’t all kill each other!
 
That’s the case with pretty much everyone, I’ve got 7 chromis but then one of them just disappeared after a month and now I have 6 which surprisingly have been doing good for the last four months. I’m planning on getting 4 lytretail anthias as well, then the aggression from the other group will also help them school a little tighter as well. Hoping it all works out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new