Stocking Order 36 Gallon

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 5 year old 36g bow front mixed reef with x2 Ocellaris Clowns, x1 Bangaii Cardinal, & x1 Royal Gramma. I recently added a Firefish Goby and for the last 2 weeks he has been getting beat up. One of the clownfish had grabbed a hold of his tail today. I’ve had enough and decided to try and start over with stocking fish. I also have a Pink Streaked Wrasse in quarantine waiting to be added but I would be out of my mind to throw him in there with the other jerks. Just need advice on stock and the order please.

OP
OP
fresco194

fresco194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse will probably be fine, but clownfish are notorious jerks. If you don't have enough natural hiding spots you can try to add or rearrange some rock to creat more.
20220625_174650 (1).jpg

I think I have enough hiding places but he gets hunted a forced out of one every time he finds one. I just think I need to start over with the correct order in adding stock.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have enough hiding places but he gets hunted a forced out of one every time he finds one. I just think I need to start over with the correct order in adding stock.
There's not really any "correct order" - only best suggestions - because it always comes down to individual fish personalities.

Case in-point, I added a batch of 3 damsels this week. All 3 were chased around; one was spooked out of the tank by a lyretail chromis but the other two have now been accepted into the fold...

I then added a butterflyfish. It was chased around for a day and a half by a powder brown tang. Today they're best friends...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back