Stocking order

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on my stocking plan for my aquarium. It's new, but the cycle is complete. I've got an ocellaris in there, and a small CUC. The fish I want to add (currently anyway, it may change LOL) are listed below. I only plan to add one at a time, with time in between. Anything more aggressive or more fragile needs to go towards the end of the stocking plan. Thoughts? The tank is a 32g biocube with around 30 lbs. of live rock. I do plan to add some softies or lps later, but nothing there yet.

green clown goby
McCosker's wrasse
brazilian or royal gramma
midas blenny
something else?

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on my stocking plan for my aquarium. It's new, but the cycle is complete. I've got an ocellaris in there, and a small CUC. The fish I want to add (currently anyway, it may change LOL) are listed below. I only plan to add one at a time, with time in between. Anything more aggressive or more fragile needs to go towards the end of the stocking plan. Thoughts? The tank is a 32g biocube with around 30 lbs. of live rock. I do plan to add some softies or lps later, but nothing there yet.

green clown goby
McCosker's wrasse
brazilian or royal gramma
midas blenny
something else?

List looks okay, the only thing I would say is that I would've added the clown last. Even Occ clowns can be nasty to new additions when added. Given that it is in there, I would try to add the fish in pairs so it isn't just focused on one fish at a given time.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List looks okay, the only thing I would say is that I would've added the clown last. Even Occ clowns can be nasty to new additions when added. Given that it is in there, I would try to add the fish in pairs so it isn't just focused on one fish at a given time.
The bonus on that is that he's tiny - only about 1.25" long.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a McKoskers in my 75 gal (he's now in my upgraded 180). He's a very active swimmer, I can't imagine him having enough space in a 32 gal biocube.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always put my fish in an acclimation box because my clowns are mean until they get use to seeing the new fish. Only takes a few hours for mine to chill out. Octoaquatics makes some nice ones. @cromag27

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw the "something else" part. In my 32 Biocube I have a pink streaked wrasse. One of those might be a good substitute for the McCoskers. He isn't quite as active as a flasher wrasse but he is usually out and about and is very peaceful. Four line wrasses are also pretty but have a bad reputation for being jerks.

If you want something that hangs out in the sand you could do a goby/shrimp pair.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a McKoskers in my 75 gal (he's now in my upgraded 180). He's a very active swimmer, I can't imagine him having enough space in a 32 gal biocube.

Whoops, missed the McCoskers. Good catch. The only wrasses I would stick in a cube are the Possum or Pink Streaked Wrasses.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah my mom has a carpenters in her biocube and i think it's cramped in there for sure. those fish want to flash and fly across the tank, i think a 40 breeder would be the smallest tank i'd put one of those in

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back