Stocking question/Tang compatibility

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a used 92 Gallon Corner tank, and a beautiful purple tang came with it. I want to get more fish, but am afraid of the purple tangs aggressive reputation, so far it has been quite gentle with my other fish.
Current stock list in order of addition..
Purple Tang (could not be helped)
Bangaii Cardinal
2 oscillaris Clowns
Paajama Cardinal

I want to get some more fish, these are what i am looking at
3 Female Bartlett's Anthias
Mckoskers flasher male
Carpenters flasher male
exquisite wrasse male
Blue Throat Trigger
Another tang, maybe powder brown or blue
japanese swallowtail

I have two questions
1. Will the tangs clash even though they are not both sailfins, ie different body styles?
2. What order should I add the rest of the fish? I'm thinking

bartlett's
Mckoskers and carpenters
Exquisite
Swallowtail
Trigger
Powder Brown or blue
 
Last edited:
Tangs will be fine, now if you where to add a yellow tang, thats another story!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new