Stocking Question

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2023
Messages
58
Reaction score
24
Location
Portland, Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers. I've had a Red Sea Max s500 for about 10 months now, and I'm considering adding a magnificent fox foxface. I just want to make sure I'm not overstocking. Display is about 120 gallons, 12 gallon sump. The only two biggish fish I have are a purple tang and a regal angelfish. Both are still juvenile now. Otherwise I have a mandarin, 2 firefish, 2 clowns, a diamond goby, a molly miller blenny, and 4 lyretail anthias. I don't want to overcrowd. Thanks!
 
Pics of the tank? Amount of rock and hiding places is the biggest factor. If every fish can't have a personal place to sleep you're overstocked.
 
Pics of the tank? Amount of rock and hiding places is the biggest factor. If every fish can't have a personal place to sleep you're overstocked.
Good amount of hiding spots.
 

Attachments

  • 20241007_203707.jpg
    20241007_203707.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 65
Just out of curiosity, have you done a power outage test? I don't know if a 12 gallon sump can handle the overflow.
Its actually 16 gallons. Have not done that test, but it's a standard Red Sea Max s500. Standard display and sump. I assume it's all good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new