Stocking recommendations (15g) tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sharkbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sharkbee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
92692
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm stocking my first tank and I'd like to get an idea of what I can get/can't get. I have a Waterbox peninsula 15 (19.7"L x 13.8"W x 13.8"H), I hope to have about 3 fish total! thank you for any suggestions.
 
Do you like goby's? Cause you are about to.

Neon goby pair or single
Watchman or wheelers and a shrimp
Firefish
Tailspot blenny
Possum wrasse

Pick any three. If you want clowns, it's one or two only in a 15 and nothing else with them if you want to be assured of peace. Even then the clowns may kill each other.

There are some other great nano fish. These are extremely peaceful that I listed above. I've read of but not ever seen a surly tailspot.
 
Do you like goby's? Cause you are about to.

Neon goby pair or single
Watchman or wheelers and a shrimp
Firefish
Tailspot blenny
Possum wrasse

Pick any three. If you want clowns, it's one or two only in a 15 and nothing else with them if you want to be assured of peace. Even then the clowns may kill each other.

There are some other great nano fish. These are extremely peaceful that I listed above. I've read of but not ever seen a surly tailspot.
You mentioned that the fish here were all peaceful, would they manage to go after a clown in some way?
 
You mentioned that the fish here were all peaceful, would they manage to go after a clown in some way?
No, clowns may kill all the others. Clowns aren't particularly nice. In tight quarters even a single clown can/will become territorial and the killing will begin. Ask me why I call mine Lizzy Borden. I've been down this path in a 15g with a clown.

They do great in small tanks on their own for sure. They do sometimes work out in smallee community tank. That's a big gamble though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new