Stocking suggestion waterbox 110.4

  • Thread starter Thread starter bquarium
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
38
Location
Cali
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Looking for some stocking suggestion for my 110g (80dt 30 sump) tank. It is a mixed reef low corals currently as it is fairly new, but I plan to get more.

I currently have

- 2 clowns
- 1 firefish
- 1 whitetail tang
- 1 bluethroat trigger
1 male lyretail
- possibly a YWG ( haven’t seen him in a couple of weeks)

I’m looking for some color yellow/green/red/ just like to add more variation to it.

I’d like a dwarf angel as I’ve read they are fairly safe I was thinking maybe a bicolor or a coral beauty.
 
Flame hawkfish (red), midas blenny (yellow/orange), mandarin dragonet (blue/green; wait a few months to add until you can fully establish pods).

Dwarf angels are semi reef-safe. It really depends on the fish. My coral beauty is fine - the midnight, not so much...
 
Flame hawkfish (red), midas blenny (yellow/orange), mandarin dragonet (blue/green; wait a few months to add until you can fully establish pods).

Dwarf angels are semi reef-safe. It really depends on the fish. My coral beauty is fine - the midnight, not so much...
I added galaxy pods from algae barn and have been dosing it with pytho how can you tell if your population is growing? I see white specs here and there.
 
I added galaxy pods from algae barn and have been dosing it with pytho how can you tell if your population is growing? I see white specs here and there.
If you don't have any wrasses or mandarins in your tank - the population is growing. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
The more rock you have the more spots for copepods to hide, multiply, etc. 75-gallons is kind of the entry point for mandarins where you have enough room for enough rock to sustain a good pod population. It's entirely possible that they grow to enjoy frozen food as well (I've had great success with PE Calanus), but there's no guarantee even with the captive bred ones. I have a pair in my tank right now and they literally spend 23/7 hunting...
 
Coral beauty is a good idea. It's likely fine, as long as the tang isn't too mean. That would add blue and yellow/orange/red depending on region.

And then, yellow "coris" wrasse, always
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new