OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn’t have to worry about that as pistol shrimp are aggressive and will hurt anything that gets in the way of its burrow. A shrimp fish will just swim back into its hole and it would be very strange for your banded shrimp to get a hold of it.
Ahh okay, was mainly worried abt the pistol shrimp fighting the banded shrimp. They’re pretty expensive in Australia, I just had a look, $450 AUD for a pair :(

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your tank I feel like you could have 2-3 more fish, but that is completely up to you and up to what you think your tank can handle.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking. Just want to plan some additions for the future. Tank is only young, want to take it slow

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally might suggest a Liopropoma basslet of some sort! Do better in nano tanks, because they feel more comfortable in a smaller space and you’ll see them all the time. Super colorful and have great personalities! Yellow assessors are beautiful too but everywhere I could find suggested a larger aquarium for them so I refrained from putting one in my nano.

If you can find a white banded or Tanaka Pygmy wrasse, those are stunning too and have unique behavior to watch.
Ooo those are awesome. The basslet looks stunning, I wonder if it’s available in Australia…. Thanks for the suggestions, I want to ensure the best possible care for my critters, I’m very careful to make sure they’ll all compatible, suitable, and happy!

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos from 3ish weeks ago! Currently dealing with some GHA, tank is only 2.5 months old, but through some big water changes to reduce available nutrients (everything was testing low, I assumed the GHA taking it before it was testable), and good scrubbing, I think I’m approaching the end of it. Got a little bit of coralline growing, and since these photos have added more zoas, a scoly, had a ric pup drop off, and getting a FF BTA :). Clowns also hosting my Green BTA which is huge now

Attachments

• F0227C49-1606-4111-A92E-A05BEF9610DA.jpeg
    F0227C49-1606-4111-A92E-A05BEF9610DA.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 9CEB134F-6E2F-4976-B58C-65802C837DC0.jpeg
    9CEB134F-6E2F-4976-B58C-65802C837DC0.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 22

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh okay, was mainly worried abt the pistol shrimp fighting the banded shrimp. They’re pretty expensive in Australia, I just had a look, $450 AUD for a pair :(
:eek: Ok maybe chose something else… there might be a different kind of shrimp goby available for less? I am getting a wheeler’s shrimp goby soon maybe those are available? What were you looking at?

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The green BTA looks bleached, but it’s just a light green with bright pink tips. I think it was bleached at the shop, so nursing it slowly, but it’s doing well, readily accepts food, and fans out huge. I suspect it doesn’t look as green since it always stretches out so largely

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek: Ok maybe chose something else… there might be a different kind of shrimp goby available for less? I am getting a wheeler’s shrimp goby soon maybe those are available? What were you looking at?
It was a watchman and pistol combo haha, already paired. I’m not in any rush, would love one of the cleaner wrasse but they are not suitable for a 20g

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a watchman and pistol combo haha, already paired. I’m not in any rush, would love one of the cleaner wrasse but they are not suitable for a 20g
A possum wrasse would be great, you could get unpaired and chances are it would be much cheaper and they should pair. There are also yasha hase gobies, etc.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A possum wrasse would be great, you could get unpaired and chances are it would be much cheaper and they should pair. There are also yasha hase gobies, etc.
Super difficult still to find some in australia sadly. It’s okay, I’m used to it. Would love a RFA, but also not in Australia grrr. The possum wrasses look amazing, so unique, I think I’d get one anyways hahaha.

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo those are awesome. The basslet looks stunning, I wonder if it’s available in Australia…. Thanks for the suggestions, I want to ensure the best possible care for my critters, I’m very careful to make sure they’ll all compatible, suitable, and happy!
Good luck! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back