Stocking

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 55 gal 7 month old tank and I have only 3 fish so far
I have aFire fish and 2 clowns
And I want yellow coris Wrasse a royal grammar and either one blue damsel or 3 green or blue chromis
Will this work for a softy reef and what should I get chromis or damsel

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this will sound weird compared to what you have in mind, but 3 fish is a lot for a tank that's only that old. Especially if this is your first tank. I would try hard to take your time in stocking it.

For now, I'd wait at least three or four months before adding more fish. There'd be nothing wrong with taking even longer.

Take this time to get to know the fish you have and to see what their impact on the tank will be. Make sure you can get these fish fat and healthy AND manage the tank while doing it.

Try to get in a routine of growing and keeping some live food around now while the tank isn't such a large task and you don't have so many fish to keep track of.

You'll never be able to focus more time and attention on your animals than right now! Make the most of ti! :)

OP
OP
Brandon3152134

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't sound weird at all I got my clowns 2 months ago and have only been in for 1 my fire fish isn't even in the tank and I got him 2weeks ago (still in quan tine) also this is my first saltwater but I have a lot of fresh water

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on! That makes now a great time to spoil the fish you already have while you learn your new tank. :) :)

Heliarc19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list looks perfect to me, but go with the chromis for sure, damsels can be very mean. Nice to hear that you are patient enough to qt!

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea damsels are punks. And too fast when you want to get them out >:(

Yellow Corris Wrasse is a great idea, you can also get a lawnmower blenny, a pygmy dward angel (only one), Anthias...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back