OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in :)

Due to COVID availability has been all over the place. Here is what I ended up with;

2 x wild caught percula clowns
1 x yellow watchman goby
1 x Valentini Puffer
1 x Bangaii cardinal
1 x flasher wrasse
1 x exquisite wrasse
1 x leopard wrasse

Still want to add:

1 more flasher wrasse (of a different type)
1 ember blenny

And then I think the tank is quite full!

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Due to COVID availability has been all over the place. Here is what I ended up with;

1 x yellow watchman goby
1 x Valentini Puffer
1 x Bangaii cardinal
1 x flasher wrasse
1 x exquisite wrasse
1 x leopard wrasse

Still want to add:

1 ember blenny

What an awesome list! I actually just started my 250 as well! And Valentini Puffers are one of my favorite fish too. Was wondering how that is working out for you? Any pics and stories about him? Ppl are telling me not to get them because they are reef safe with caution and will eat corals. Although they are my favorite fish, my dad values corals more haha.

OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome list! I actually just started my 250 as well! And Valentini Puffers are one of my favorite fish too. Was wondering how that is working out for you? Any pics and stories about him? Ppl are telling me not to get them because they are reef safe with caution and will eat corals. Although they are my favorite fish, my dad values corals more haha.

Hello! Puff Daddy is doing really well in the tank! He has been a model citizen but does have the expected beaviour - he is mainly interested in any inverts, and will hunt for the little ones all day. The big ones just tuck away all day and come out at night when he is sleeping. He has not shown any interest in corals, though I mostly stick to softies.

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Puff Daddy is doing really well in the tank! He has been a model citizen but does have the expected beaviour - he is mainly interested in any inverts, and will hunt for the little ones all day. The big ones just tuck away all day and come out at night when he is sleeping. He has not shown any interest in corals, though I mostly stick to softies.
Awesome! Snails aren’t the biggest worry for me although I would like the keep my CUC alive. Maybe if I keep him very well fed it might not go after them much. I’m sticking to lps and softies for my tank. Not so much of an Sps person. If you have shrimps, has he gone after any?

OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Snails aren’t the biggest worry for me although I would like the keep my CUC alive. Maybe if I keep him very well fed it might not go after them much. I’m sticking to lps and softies for my tank. Not so much of an Sps person. If you have shrimps, has he gone after any?

There's no way I would put shrimp in the tank with him, he'd kill them for sure. Shrimp and procelain crabs are a no go. Hermit crabs are okay, because they tend to see him coming. Basically anything that is going to have a protruding something without protection is a snack.

OP
OP
Alenya

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1 x yellow watchman goby
1 x Valentini Puffer
1 x Bangaii cardinal
1 x flasher wrasse
1 x exquisite wrasse
1 x leopard wrasse

Still want to add:

1 ember blenny

Incidentally here was the final list in my tank

The clowns, watchman goby, puffer, cardinal, flasher, banan wrasse (the pest eating one not the big yellow jerk one), leopard wrasse and ember blenny. I also was able to grab my favourite fish, a marine betta, as a baby about 2 inches long, and he is peacefully coexisting in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back