Stomatella Snail Video

AquaNerd1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;QtPAX8ZJYZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPAX8ZJYZQ[/video]
YouTube - Stomatella Snail Grazing on Zoanthids

I started up the frag tank some time back. It was a barebottom setup with one lonely piece of live rock and a few empty (at the time) frag racks. I will also add that the single piece of live rock was completely dry, as it had been sitting in an empty bucket for about 6 months. I added a few corals purchased from local fish stores, and made sure to dip them all. I didn't bother with QT'ing them, as the tank was basically devoid of life and all of the corals came from the same tank anyways. If there was a problem, they would have all had, or at least been exposed to it.

Getting back on point, I was watching my tank one evening after the lights went out. I wasn't expecting to see anything other than the livestock I put into the tank. To my surprise, a pair of Stomatella snails crawled out from under a Zoanthid frag and went to town on any nearby algae. I whipped out the camera and started filming.

Sorry it's kind of grainy, the lights were out at the time the video was captured.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back