Stone crab

  • Thread starter Thread starter F I S H
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
They can do some damage in a tank so be careful where you house them. I have found them to be very forgiving of the environment and willing to take a wide range of foods.
 
They eat stuff like pumps, heaters and ORP probes plus anything else they want.
I have 3 in my sump area. I feed mine the same stuff I give my eels.
 
You dont want them or gorilla crab whatsoever
 
I forgot ATO optical sensors.
These grow to be very powerful animals.
IMG_3595_HEIC-L.jpg
IMG_4072-M.jpg

one pulled the wires out of a submerged heater.
 
Would those survive in a 55 with a dwarf lionfish?
Hmmmm- Theyre Not known to go after inverts but can be a risk
If you get a large porcelain- should work
 
They can rip off the silicone that holds your tank together. They are monsters. Trust me get a mallot.

And, when that lionfish goes to sleep at night, its done for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new