• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

STOP buying livestock at WWC

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will definitely not make a dent in their sales, but I have to get this off my chest. I love WWCs display tanks, and the large selection they have. I think their corals are beautiful and I love going in there just to browse. But I can’t stand buying a brand new fish, or name brand, EXPENSIVE frags only to find bad hitchhikers. On numerous occasions Ive found bubble algae and aptasia on the frags. Twice now I’ve bought a fish from there that’s super sick. I try not to bash anyone, but it’s annoying.

I just purchased a royal gramma and for about three weeks now I’ve been helping it recover. Today he was hiding, came out, laid on some rocks and I watched as flukes crawled all over his body like maggots (absolutely gross). The first dip was a week ago only and 4 flukes came off, today the number of flukes was 16!! I’ve been treating the poor baby but this shouldn’t be a thing at a store thats considered “high quality”. I know illnesses happen, and LFS are not exempt. But for a store with such a great reputation, should examine their products before putting them out for sale. An employee once told me how important it is to them that they provide great customer service, but quality products is just as important.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I removed several posts and here is why:

Outside comments are NOT permitted. The reason for this is to allow the vendor and member work through the negative experience. The staff will remove posts by other parties not pertaining to the transaction. The only exception to this is that users may post links (without commentary) to their own feedback threads with the same seller/buyer. These are the only outside party comments that are allowed.

***Please Note****
We do not remove feedback threads for any reason. If you and the vendor are able to come to a resolution, a post can be made notifying all that your issue was able to be taken care of and the thread will then be locked. Also please note that the editing of posts after a resolution is not permitted, and the edited posts will be reverted back to their original content.

We do value the feedback that the community has about vendors and encourage every member to start their own feedback thread.

Thank you!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back