STOP buying livestock at WWC

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmaleeC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AmaleeC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
620
Reaction score
522
This will definitely not make a dent in their sales, but I have to get this off my chest. I love WWCs display tanks, and the large selection they have. I think their corals are beautiful and I love going in there just to browse. But I can’t stand buying a brand new fish, or name brand, EXPENSIVE frags only to find bad hitchhikers. On numerous occasions Ive found bubble algae and aptasia on the frags. Twice now I’ve bought a fish from there that’s super sick. I try not to bash anyone, but it’s annoying.

I just purchased a royal gramma and for about three weeks now I’ve been helping it recover. Today he was hiding, came out, laid on some rocks and I watched as flukes crawled all over his body like maggots (absolutely gross). The first dip was a week ago only and 4 flukes came off, today the number of flukes was 16!! I’ve been treating the poor baby but this shouldn’t be a thing at a store thats considered “high quality”. I know illnesses happen, and LFS are not exempt. But for a store with such a great reputation, should examine their products before putting them out for sale. An employee once told me how important it is to them that they provide great customer service, but quality products is just as important.
 
Hi,

I removed several posts and here is why:


Outside comments are NOT permitted. The reason for this is to allow the vendor and member work through the negative experience. The staff will remove posts by other parties not pertaining to the transaction. The only exception to this is that users may post links (without commentary) to their own feedback threads with the same seller/buyer. These are the only outside party comments that are allowed.


***Please Note****
We do not remove feedback threads for any reason. If you and the vendor are able to come to a resolution, a post can be made notifying all that your issue was able to be taken care of and the thread will then be locked. Also please note that the editing of posts after a resolution is not permitted, and the edited posts will be reverted back to their original content.

We do value the feedback that the community has about vendors and encourage every member to start their own feedback thread.

Thank you!
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new