Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have a moment of excitement, "Rev wants to talk to little old me?!"

"Update your build thread!"

lol, yeah at first I think “yeah I’ve sold something” then realise I wasn’t selling anything!

Now I know it’s a telling off most probably :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Your concerns are noted and we will discuss how we proceed with these messages in the future.

Thank you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol, yeah at first I think “yeah I’ve sold something” then realise I wasn’t selling anything!

Now I know it’s a telling off most probably :D

DM sent....

Lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always have a moment of excitement, "Rev wants to talk to little old me?!"

"Update your build thread!"

DM to you also.... :p

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the worst part is there's no stopping it, even if you are a Partner member and pay $200 you still can't get rid of all the adds and sales that you can't participate in.

The contests are a different issue, R2R contests are something that everyone can be a part of. Vendor specific ones are hit and miss for those outside the US.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll work out a way for it to be better and for you to opt out of private messages from us. But it will be all or nothing as segmenting a large community like this is hard enough.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just reading this thread was WAY more annoying then the two second spam message (from a mod that works very hard to finance and keep this forum going) that I dismissed in five seconds......

I can’t like this or I’ll get in trouble. Oh why not have a little fun today! :p

stephen colbert GIF

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry just kidding I’ll be professional.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll work out a way for it to be better and for you to opt out of private messages from us.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree - Thanks for everything you and the team do. As an IT professional who managed email systems for large enterprises, one single DM is nothing compared to the millions of spam messages an organization has to process and filter on a daily basis. For those who were upset, an unwanted message is not spam. Take the 5 seconds to delete it and move on.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty I sort of enjoyed the deals message, as it was easier to see several of the good sales in one place. I skimmed through it and clicked on a few of the links to see what was on sale. Much easier to see than the black Friday forum section. To be honest I hope I get the same message next year on Black Friday when I will likely be more actively shopping for reef stuff.

I'm not going to complain about the very rare messages when I'm not asked to pay for my participation here.

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just kidding I’ll be professional.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll work out a way for it to be better and for you to opt out of private messages from us.
Well.. This took on a life of it's own lol

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha! We really do weigh out what to send you guys. Black Friday is something we figured a lot of people are trying to shop in, and good reef deals are something many in our community are excited about. Definitely sorry that some of you were frustrated by it. Not my intent. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! We really do weigh out what to send you guys. Black Friday is something we figured a lot of people are trying to shop in, and good reef deals are something many in our community are excited about. Definitely sorry that some of you were frustrated by it. Not my intent. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)
Yeah no hard feelings, just giving some honest feedback.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was only sad the deal I wanted was sold out.
I like dms gives me something to read
dm me all you want @revhtree @Daniel@R2R

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If just life these days everywhere you go your targeted with an ad that matches your search history, blah blah. As a whole we are overwhelmed with ads which then leads us to a single DM during black friday putting us over the edge. It's kinda like a store policy, if you don't like the stores policy then don't shop there, or do and just deal. Definitely a balancing act for the mods.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heck I'd pay $400 a year to not have to see any adds or anything else like sales and contests I can't participate in.

I had to up the data on my cell phone plan just to compensate for all the Adds R2R has. Mobile data isn't as plentiful elsewhere outside the US and just surfing this site cost me $75 in overages one month. Then I upped my plan but still, R2R is costing me a fair bit of money to view when I'm not at home.

Deal!! Haha!

We wouldn’t even need sponsors!! :p

Back