Stopping NoPox?

JohnPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've been using NoPox for a few months to try and get my Nitrates & Phosphates down. I'm now at a point where I'm happy with the levels of both & wondering what I should now do. Should I stop dosing NoPox immediately, drop the amount i'm dosing to zero over the course of a month or so or just continue to dose at the levels that I have been??

I don't want the levels to go back up again but I also don't want them to drop to zero so not sure what the best course of action is?

TIA

Dipper Pines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've been using NoPox for a few months to try and get my Nitrates & Phosphates down. I'm now at a point where I'm happy with the levels of both & wondering what I should now do. Should I stop dosing NoPox immediately, drop the amount i'm dosing to zero over the course of a month or so or just continue to dose at the levels that I have been??

I don't want the levels to go back up again but I also don't want them to drop to zero so not sure what the best course of action is?

TIA
Try to reduce the dosage by half first And then adjust in plus or minus by 10 percent every week depending on the increase or further decrease in nutrients.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reduce the daily dose as per the instructions, basically to a maintenance dose, and then adjust as necessary over the following weeks until the levels stay were you want them

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TIA
how many ml you dosing a day?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently dosing 12ml per day
A reduction in 4 to 6 ml would be a good starting point as mentioned above, you may need to look for a nitrates stability, once you find the right amount

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back