Stopping NoPox?

JohnPH

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
78
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've been using NoPox for a few months to try and get my Nitrates & Phosphates down. I'm now at a point where I'm happy with the levels of both & wondering what I should now do. Should I stop dosing NoPox immediately, drop the amount i'm dosing to zero over the course of a month or so or just continue to dose at the levels that I have been??

I don't want the levels to go back up again but I also don't want them to drop to zero so not sure what the best course of action is?

TIA
 
Hi, I've been using NoPox for a few months to try and get my Nitrates & Phosphates down. I'm now at a point where I'm happy with the levels of both & wondering what I should now do. Should I stop dosing NoPox immediately, drop the amount i'm dosing to zero over the course of a month or so or just continue to dose at the levels that I have been??

I don't want the levels to go back up again but I also don't want them to drop to zero so not sure what the best course of action is?

TIA
Try to reduce the dosage by half first And then adjust in plus or minus by 10 percent every week depending on the increase or further decrease in nutrients.
 
Just reduce the daily dose as per the instructions, basically to a maintenance dose, and then adjust as necessary over the following weeks until the levels stay were you want them
 
Hi, I've been using NoPox for a few months to try and get my Nitrates & Phosphates down. I'm now at a point where I'm happy with the levels of both & wondering what I should now do. Should I stop dosing NoPox immediately, drop the amount i'm dosing to zero over the course of a month or so or just continue to dose at the levels that I have been??

I don't want the levels to go back up again but I also don't want them to drop to zero so not sure what the best course of action is?

TIA
how many ml you dosing a day?
 
Currently dosing 12ml per day
A reduction in 4 to 6 ml would be a good starting point as mentioned above, you may need to look for a nitrates stability, once you find the right amount
 
A reduction in 4 to 6 ml would be a good starting point as mentioned above, you may need to look for a nitrates stability, once you find the right amount
OK thanks. Just dropped it to 8ml & will monitor
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new