Stopping rbta to grow upward.

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i had this rbta for 5 months, it's been split like 3 months back.

The splitted version of rbta was doing well eversince. It never had a need to reach for light, i also did fed it occasionally.
But yesterday it started to act weird and pull itself up.

Is there anyway i could stop it from growing towards up?

Here i attached the before and after pictures.

IMG_20210329_170806.jpg IMG_20210421_175922.jpg IMG_20210421_175215.jpg
 
Just reaching for more light and/or flow. Totally normal. You could try moving it up a bit but if its happy, I'd let it be.
 
Just reaching for more light and/or flow. Totally normal. You could try moving it up a bit but if its happy, I'd let it be.

I think my flow is quite alright, enough for it to be waving.
Actually my main concerns is afraid it will touch the monti or those euphyllia on top of it.

I could ramp up my light, as currently it's runs abt 80% peak.
 
do believe that it is reaching for light. you can move the coral above so they dont get stunk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new