storing RODI

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe0813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe0813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
755
Reaction score
487
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start storing my RODI water so I have it on hand to easily fill my top off or make saltwater for water changes. I started using a brute trash barrel to keep it in but after a few days the water starts to stink like a used gym bag. Doesn't matter if I keep a pump in it to circulate the water or take the heater out. What gives, how are people storing ro water or does the smell not matter?
 
RODI shouldn't smell like anything but water. Its basically pure H2O. That said, it loves to absorb anything it comes in contact with just like distilled.
wonder if its absorbing my smelly dogs when they come in from being outside
I have not experienced that either I store mine continually. Are you using DI resin ?
I am, using a brs 7stage
 
is there residue in the container. I get a grey type of clay like build up in my container's but it still doesn't smell . try wiping the inside with a paper towel and see if that is it . I only get build up in the one after adding salt
 
They really do absorb smells very well. My brute can always smells floral and I can't figure out why, it sits in my garage and no matter how well I clean the container and get rid of the smell, within 24hrs of filling its back.
 
Sorry to learn that something smells fishy-- and it's not your fish. 🤪

Hope you get it all figured out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new