Strange Acting Midas a Lenny

Kn118544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys need some advice. I have a Midas Benny that I have now had for three months and he was doing great until recently. I have started to notice that he had a few small black spots on him, and was originally thinking it just has to do with his pigmentation when he was stressed. Well, now he has started swimming a little differently and is swimming hard against the glass. After he does this he then floats down the bottom of the tank and sits on the sand bed. Have never had a Midas Benny do this before. In the picture you can see some of the little black dots I was talking about before hand. Any help would be appreciated!

0E27AC37-9452-4671-9175-BC2992D3906B.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it eating well? It looks pretty thin to me. It’s behavior could be related to being malnourished. This species often eats well but still gets skinny - I always wonder if they are prone to internal parasites.

The spots aren’t related to that, there aren’t that many of them and they don’t look like turbellarian worms.

Jay

OP
OP
K

Kn118544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Hikari Brine twice a day, and a seaweed clip twice a week. I’ll try and up the food and see if it works.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Hikari Brine twice a day, and a seaweed clip twice a week. I’ll try and up the food and see if it works.
Try small mysids and new life spectrum pellets, brine does not have very much fat/protein.
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back