strange algea issue

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all tank #'s are fine. no3&po4 are both 0. cheato is growing well in the fudge. in spots I have some type of brown/green algea. in spots it's stringy, on the snail shells it's brown/green with bubbles.and it's not all over, only in spots. any ideas to chase?. tried chemiclean with no difference.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the system been setup?

You do need .01 to .03 phosphates and nitrates between 3 to 5 ppm for the corals to grow beside your Ca, Alk, Mg:)

If you can post a picture and would be helpful so we can get some more eyes and help on this.

OP
OP
R

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coming up on 3 months. I never did get a brown diatom issue. I started with real live rock and sand from tbs. all corals are clean and growing well

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your nutrient export method? are you doing water changes and if you are are you using r o d i water? And How often?

OP
OP
R

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if fact, the other day I drained the fudge, cleaned it and rinsed the cheato out

OP
OP
R

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in
staring at the tank, I realize almost all the algea issues are on the left side of the tank, the right side is almost clean. the set up is a 75 with 2 wav heads. on the right, it's on the back wall pointing forward and of the left it's on the side wall, pointing across the tank. is it a flow issue? I moved the left one to the back as well.i,ll see after a few days if theres a change.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back