Strange creature in my rock

JetStarheart

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Messages
177
Reaction score
1
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 3# piece of liverock back in Jan. it "clicked" for a very very long time.. Now that I am GLUED to my tank when i am at home,especialy feeding time. I have noticed a "hand" darting out of the small holes in the rock. I think one side is hollow.. Is it possible some sort of crustacean layed eggs in it and one hatched and lived? I am DYING to know what this is but am afraid to kill it if i split the rock.. More afrad still that I might NOT want to know what is actually in there.. Opinions?
 
It clicks every so often.. Not as much as when I first got the piece. The "hand" is very long and white..
 
Heres the thing.. It cannot get out.. It litterally can only stick its 1 leg out at a time.. I have taken to target feeding it..
 
Heres the thing.. It cannot get out.. It litterally can only stick its 1 leg out at a time.. I have taken to target feeding it..

Well...it can't harm anything if it can't get out.

Seems like a dismal existence, though.
 
Heres the thing.. It cannot get out.. It litterally can only stick its 1 leg out at a time.. I have taken to target feeding it..


Are you sure it's "cant" not won't lol stop feeding it than try and lure it out.

Or pick up a gopro camera to get a closeup? Haha
 
Sorry to post here guys , but I want to know if this is a mantis shrimp ?

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377717611.055514.jpg
 
I think he's been eating some of my snails cause they been recently vanishing and I saw him or her today eating spectrum pellets that I feed my clownfish
 
nice if you have a spare i would make a tank especially for him!
nothing crazy something small they are cool to have! However he will grab a clownfish or any thing else it can shoot down with those claws...including one of your fingers!
definitly remove soon
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new