Strange Die Off!

E_Aquatics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2014
Messages
569
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can cause a frag to completely vanish overnight? To my knowledge all Parameters are in check and I would like to think there are no bugs in the tank since I always dip everything using bayer but theres always a possibility.

Over the past few weeks randomly a frag that has been in the tank for weeks to months just sheds all its flesh overnight. I always check my tank before going to bed and these frags that have died look perfectly okay and in the morning boom, they are gone.

Tank is a year and six months old. Below you can find the level of the parameters I test for.

Ammonia: 0 (API)
Nitrites: 0 (API)
Nitrates: 0 (salifert)
pH: 8-8.2 (Apex)
PO4: .01 (Hanna)
Alk: 9.3 (Hanna)
Cal: 490-500 (Salifert)
Mag: 1440 (Salifert)

The whole systems with main display, sump and frag tank is a little over 400 gallons. I do weekly water changes (45g) and dose AcroPower once a week (100ml)
 
Time to get a red flashlight and do some midnight Reefing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new