Strange discoloration on White Zombie

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past few days I’ve noticed this strange discoloration on a single polyp of my white zombies. I’ve had them for a few years and never seen anything like this. It’s just a maroon blotch..

Is this a disease, or just part of morphing?? If you scroll down on the zoanthid forums you’ll see some other posts of mine. My evo has been doing great for a few years, but I mysteriously started losing a few colonies of zoas last couple months even though all my params were the same as they have been the past year. I’ve had some minor nutrient fluctuations (as usual) and a small preset change that I acclimated the tank with for 60 days.
IMG_9839.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only other thought would be some weird form of breeding? I added a colony of white zombies from somone elses tank that look a lot different. We traded polyps to see if our tanks would revert the other polyp back to looking like the colony in our personal main tank. Most of mine turn all white, his are mainly all red like magicians with some white splotches. I still have his red ones on the other side of the tank. They never changed back to my normal white ones.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back