Strange growth on acan

21reefstreet

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2016
Messages
45
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a strange growth on my rainbow Acan. It looks like a sharp point that keeps getting a growth of algae on it. I removed the algae off with a toothbrush, but the growth is hard.
The Acan is not fully closed up, but not fully open either. It is eating when I feed it and it looked like it may have new growth on it...best way to describe it is like clear bubbles growing out from the main head.
But the Acan looks irritated. Should I do a coral dip on it or break off the hard growth...any ideas?

Thanks

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
Possibly a vermetid snail. It will keep bothering your acan head. Can you crush it and pull it off?
 
I did get it off..but a little piece of the flesh tore. It looks like a jagged tooth.
Hopefully it will heal up okay.
 
If I ever need to remove them I normally just use my thumbnail or a flathead or something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new