Strange looking thing in sump.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anthrax91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anthrax91

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what it is. Growing on a rock in my sump. At first I thought it was a plating sponge but the tube like things are making me doubt that. Almost looks like the tube on a large vermetid snail. Best pics i could get.
1000005089.jpg
1000005090.jpg
1000005091.jpg
 
Vermetid snails and I see a ball anemone buried in there
 
Yep, +1 on the vermetid snails. Definitely kill those if you can, suggest with a pair of pliers or some people have tried super-gluing them shut.
 
I've never seen them that big. Appreciate the input.
 
Are you the worm whisperer?

Anyways, there seems to be two types, the big ones and the smaller vermetids that poke you. Bumblebee snails will eat them.
I have both and I am convinced they are the same species. The small ones become big.

You can see the small ones on the long one.

Bumblebees I have a bunch of but I’m still not convinced they do much. They at least don’t actively “attack” bigger ones
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new