Strange spot on clownfish

Chitown tom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clown has one solo spot on its body midway.

The clown has been in my tank for a year with no new additions to the tank. No new coral no new fish no new inverts.

All my fish go thru 4 weeks cp then 2 doses of prazi.

I was not able to get a good picture.
0BE7035F-8AD1-496A-B811-BB87B51675EA.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo is too blurry to see, but it could be lympho. Can you get us a clearer photo so we can advise? :)

OP
OP
Chitown tom

Chitown tom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo is too blurry to see, but it could be lympho. Can you get us a clearer photo so we can advise? :)

I tired, I tried photo, videos, this guy is too quick.

I’ll try feeding them today and see if I can get a better picture while eating.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you describe it? Is it white and fuzzy looking, or raised under the skin? Any discoloration?

Another clown in a the tank? If so, my first instinct would be “love bite”... but more info or a clear picture would definitely help.

OP
OP
Chitown tom

Chitown tom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s white and raised looks to be on the skin not under it. I don’t see anything fuzzy looks smooth. I also only noticed one spot.

He is the only fish affected and I do have another clown in the tank.

I’ll check Humblefish’s link next.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can’t see anything in the video, but from what you are describing I think it is most likely from a scuffle or a mild lympho breakout.

In either case, since there aren’t any other symptoms... he’s eating, breathing, acting normally; I would just keep an eye on it and maybe soak his food with vita-chem for a bit and see if it resolves.

Edit to add. While keeping watch, pay special attention to whether or not it moves or if it’s stationary. Not likely- given the amount of time since anything has been added and your prophylactic treatments- but since you said it looks to be “on” the skin, I’d want to be sure it’s not some sort of external parasite.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chitown tom

Chitown tom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was able to get a better video today. The growth is definitely on the skin and has grown. It’s on the left side and now I see a new white spot on the black markings on the right side.

The growth is visible twords the end of the video.

I think I have to catch him.

sishooter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was able to get a better video today. The growth is definitely on the skin and has grown. It’s on the left side and now I see a new white spot on the black markings on the right side.

The growth is visible twords the end of the video.

I think I have to catch him.

lol. Catch him first

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the spots in the video and if it was my clown I’d catch him and do a FW dip to double check for flukes. I’d probably put him in QT also and try to observe this but get some meds ready just in case.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back