Stray Voltage?

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apex breakout box connected to float switches to automate my ATO. I initially used them on my 36 gallon tank, and after about a year, anytime I had to put my hand in the water, or even touch the tank, the PH probe would display 12.6 on the apex. When I took my hand out or off the tank, it would go back to normal. Then I upgraded about two months ago to a 75 gallon bowfront. I moved everything with no issues and no cycle, and thinking that float switches were often the cause of stray voltage, I didn’t put the ATO on yet. The probes displayed normally at 8.3 even with working with the tank. However, after two months, I am tired of manual top off Again, and I went and wired up the break out box, put in my ATO resevoir by the sump, superglued in a bracket I made with the float switches and hooked it all back up. Now my PH went back to 12.6. So I unplugged the break out box and the ATO pump to see if went back down. It is going down, but very slowly unlike the previous tank where in seconds it would go down. All of this is strange. Any ideas? If this is voltage, would a ground probe solve the issue? Any help is greatly appreciated as I have no idea why the probe would continue to display high even after unplugging the BOB and the pump.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back