STREAM 3+ on base of tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, just wondering if there are any issues of having stream3on bottom glass in a barebottom? Thinking 1 each side of scape. Sic of cleaning gyres lol
OI000165.JPG
OI000163.JPG

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there is no sand and you can access the bottom to secure them with the magnets it should work. For 1/2" you want Stream 3, for 3/4" Stream 3+. You would need to have access to the glass on the underside.

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah got the stream 3+, no sand just wondering about detritus as im guessing it would build up near pumps.
If you connect the 2 pumps together what's the longest each can run for before swapping to the other. Is it 10 seconds or can you get longer. Kinda want 1 min one side then 1 min the other side

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soft detritus won't be an issue, but hard debris like rock and coral pieces can damage the bearing, you then have to replace the bearing, but they are less than $5. With the factory controller, 10 seconds is the max, but they will connect to a Hydros, Apex, Profilux and you can set whatever you want with a more advanced controller.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back