Stream 3 placement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ming_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Thinking about adding a stream 3 to compliment the 6095 i am currently using.

I am hoping to place it on the short side of the tank, similar to a gyre placement with the difuser.
Any chance you have any idea what is the minimum length from the waterline can i place the stream 3 without sucking bubbles?

Will be controlling the pump via GHL P4. From what i read, stream 3 has a back flush function to minimize cleaning. Would the pump still perform this back flush thingy automatically if it is controlled by the P4?

Thank you!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will perform the back flush even if being controlled by the 1-10v port.

I just asked the same questions at reefaplooza because wanted to add one to my tank. They suggested 4-6 inches below or above the sand line of the tank

I was surprised how large they were, but I am still planning adding them to a 6 foot tank.

OP
OP
M

Ming_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will perform the back flush even if being controlled by the 1-10v port.

I just asked the same questions at reefaplooza because wanted to add one to my tank. They suggested 4-6 inches below or above the sand line of the tank

I was surprised how large they were, but I am still planning adding them to a 6 foot tank.

Hi Ditto,

Thanks for the reply. I enjoyed reading many of your postings and it helped tremendously during the setup of my P4.
May have to go back to the drawing board if the stream 3 has to be 4-6 inches below the water line.

The gyre isnt exactly small either, so my initial thoughts are to go with a powerhead with less maintenance and easily connected to the controller.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue is on my 6ft tank I have 5 power heads and wanted something to replace a few. I was going to replace with MP40’and MP60 but concerned on rusting. It is quite large but can hide it on the back wall behind my rocks.

ZAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look into an ocean motion wave maker.vivid aquarium has a vido.you use your return pump to produce waves.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 6" from the waterline is enough to avoid a vortex, their is some variability with what front housing is used. In general they hide quite well behind rock work. I would keep them at least 6" above the bottom so they cannot draw in sand and detritus when the backflush.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look into an ocean motion wave maker.vivid aquarium has a vido.you use your return pump to produce waves.
I had an ocean motion wave maker on my previous tank. While I liked it it really does not replace power heads in the tank. Using return pumps to get all the flow you need in a tank is also not efficient or very effective. Combining the two Is a more practical way to go.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back