Stream 3 release date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it's a pump that's designed to be mounted lower in the tank I can see your dilemma now. Is the tank eurobraced? There was a guy on another site that planned on mounting one up there with an adapter he made. Looked pretty cool.
My tank is not euro braced. If I had received it way back when (before my tank was somewhat established), I would have definitely tried to work it into the system. I'm a little bummed that it's not going to work in my application. It really is a nice looking pump, and very solid. There is nothing about it that feels "cheap".

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up trying it?
Couldn't you place it on the overflow side?
Seems like it work work well mounted vertically on the overflow near the bottom with the right angle deflector.
upload_2017-2-9_14-28-38.png

OP
OP
mcarroll

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I hear you, and I do too. But folks usually don't plant a power head right in the middle of the front of their tank now do they. That's the draw back of a peninsula tank. You have to be extra creative with pumps and aquascape. Here is the panel I was hoping to mount it on.
IMG_1482269879.099418.jpg

Swapping for those Korellias in the picture would seem to be a workable solution if you're down for powerheads on that glass to begin with. But I don't think I'd be able to tolerate all three either.

Given the cost of this Stream 3 ($0.00) I'm not sure why you wouldn't place this pump somewhere on the back wall out of sight even though the sea swirl is there?

What could it hurt? You might even find a way to make the Korallias unnecessary!!!

I can't get with the easy-come-easy-go on this! Holy moly, man!! :D

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up trying it?
Couldn't you place it on the overflow side?
Seems like it work work well mounted vertically on the overflow near the bottom with the right angle deflector.
upload_2017-2-9_14-28-38.png

Swapping for those Korellias in the picture would seem to be a workable solution if you're down for powerheads on that glass to begin with. But I don't think I'd be able to tolerate all three either.

Given the cost of this Stream 3 ($0.00) I'm not sure why you wouldn't place this pump somewhere on the back wall out of sight even though the sea swirl is there?

What could it hurt? You might even find a way to make the Korallias unnecessary!!!

I can't get with the easy-come-easy-go on this! Holy moly, man!! :D

It was not an easy decision for me to make to sell this pump, but I did in the end. I assure you it was not easy come easy go. I did a lot of planning and thinking and potential redesigning of my flow and plumbing. And in my tank it just was too big and intrusive for my flow needs. So I had to make the tough choice and sold it to somebody that was in the early planning stages of a tank. If my tank were a little bigger it may not have seemed so big. But when you hold this pump in your hands with the deflector attached and the mounts it is really a large pump that I just did not want to see in my tank. Say what you will, but I'm very happy with my decision and the subsequent purchase I made.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back